Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need.
Join our homelessness services team where you will be responsible for providing our customers with information, assessment and referral to external services with a view to minimising/preventing homelessness. This is a part time permanent role (9 day fortnight) based at our Box Hill office.
- Distribute financial assistance in accordance with guidelines and funding conditions
- Identify support needs and completing referrals
- Assess and refer clients to access appropriate housing pathways
- Network and promote the service
- Work with partner agencies including real estate agents
- Identify and manage risks for themselves and the client
- Ensure all associated administrative tasks (including data entry and reporting) are completed accurately and efficiently
What will success look like?
You will demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role and/or relevant qualification in related discipline. In addition, you will have demonstrated understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged people, as well as awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of people who are in housing crisis and/or have special needs/disabilities. You will also have:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly within complex and diverse conversational contexts
- A client centered approach, including provision of respectful, supportive, and confidential customer service
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as part of a wider team and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders
- The ability to achieve work objectives, even in difficult circumstances whilst remaining positive and calm
- Current Driver’s Licence
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Tuesday 26 January 2021