Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need.
Join our housing services team in delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. Your awareness of and sensitivity to the people who are in housing crisis and thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties will ensure you excel in this role. We are looking to fill two full time permanent positions based at our Mowbray office in Tasmania.
Tenancy & property management of accommodation & housing for people in social housing. Includes working with people with disabilities and mental health, working alongside client’s support providers.
Provide high quality tenancy management by:
1. Ensuring the timely, accurate, and efficient operation of CHL rental collection and arrears recovery systems
2. Conducting condition reports, tenancy sign up, entry procedures, lease and rent reviews, and exit procedures
3. Liaising with Asset Management Unit in relation to tenanted and vacated property maintenance
4. Coordinating financial and administrative tasks to CHL standards, such as reporting, complaints, compliance, quality and accountability requirements
5. Maintaining accurate property and tenancy data in all required systems
6. Representing CHL at Tribunal/Court
Maintain customer focus by:
- Providing information and advice to tenants to assist in the sustainability of the tenancy
- Ensuring fair and transparent property allocation processes
- Work closely with government department, clients, support agencies and relevant CHL departments
- Providing appropriate support to wider team and organisation
You will demonstrate relevant experience providing client focused tenancy management services, including the ability to work with a diverse range of clients. In addition, you will have a good working knowledge and understanding of the TAS Residential Tenancies Act.
You will also have:
Two years’ experience in a similar role
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act
Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of people who are in housing crisis and/or have special needs/disabilities
Commitment to the right of every person to good quality housing
Current Driver’s Licence
Satisfactory Police, NDIS & Working With Children’s Check
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Monday 30 May 2022
CHL is committed to the health and safety of our people and our clients. All CHL employees are therefore required to comply with statutory Government requirements, public health directives, and CHL’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination status or an approved medical contraindication certificate will need to be provided by successful candidates.