Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. As part of this group, ACHL is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community housing organisation that manages properties across Australia, with an aim to build partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services through respectful and productive relationships.
Join our housing services team in delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. This is a full time fixed term position that can either be based at Laverton or Kalgoorlie.
- Undertake tenancy & property management of ACHL portfolio of properties, working alongside tenant’s support providers
- Portfolio located across the Goldfields region
- Managing arrears, rent reviews and day to day issues
- Routine Inspections,ingoing and outgoing inspections, void scopes and raising maintenance requests
- Work closely with government departments, clients, support agencies, and relevant CHL departments
Please note, this role requires significant amount of travel to reach communities and properties across the portfolio.
You will demonstrate relevant experience providing client focused tenancy management services, including the ability to work with a diverse range of clients. In addition, you will have a good working knowledge and understanding of the WA Residential Tenancies Act. You will also have:
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the people who are in housing crisis and thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A current drivers license and reliable vehicle is desirable (vehicle allowance payable)
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Wednesday 27 January 2021