Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our homelessness services team in achieving housing stability and improved social inclusion and connectedness for our customers.
You will be responsible for creating options for customers who are experiencing difficulties in securing or maintaining appropriate private rental housing, with a view to achieving housing stability, experiencing improved social inclusion, community connection and readiness to be equipped for participation in the wider community. This is a full time position based at our Morwell office.
You will assist customers to identify and achieve appropriate housing outcomes by:
1. Understanding the causes and impacts of homelessness and completing holistic assessments
2. Assisting customers with information, advocacy and referrals
3. Determining eligibility and provide access to private rental brokerage opportunities
4. Providing financial assistance to eligible customers who wish to exit social or transitional housing
5. Advocating for at risk tenancies and negotiate payment plans
6. Linking customers to affordable housing in private rental market
7. Working closely with tenancy services and support coordination services to ensure the full suite of CHL’s services and external support partners are available to customers
8. Creating and maintaining a community agencies database
9. Providing additional appropriate support to wider CHL team and organisation
What will success look like?
You will demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role, including thorough understanding of the community and public housing sectors.
In addition, you will have demonstrated understanding of issues affecting socially disadvantaged people, as well as awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of people who are in housing crisis and/or have special needs/disabilities.
You will also have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of the community and public housing sectors
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Police, NDIS & Working With Children’s Checks
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a NDIS and working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Monday 30 May 2022
CHL is committed to the health and safety of our people and our clients. All CHL employees are therefore required to comply with statutory Government requirements, public health directives, and CHL’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination status or an approved medical contraindication certificate will need to be provided by successful candidates.