Aboriginal Community Housing Limited (ACHL) is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community housing organisation that manages properties across Australia, with an aim to provide culturally appropriate property and tenancy management nationally.
We are seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and passionate leader who will be responsible for driving business growth in South Australia through managing and building partnerships and stakeholder relationships in the region.
- Engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, sector organisations, agencies and individuals in South Australia to support the expansion of ACHL
- Manage partnerships and stakeholder relationships to support growth
- Identify and secure diverse business growth opportunities in South Australia
- Work with the colleagues across CHL to develop workplans, project plans and procedures to support implementation of the ACHL Strategic Business Plan
- Participate in the management of projects and operations
What will success look like?
You will be enthusiastic to represent ACHL’s vision and mission in South Australia, including an appreciation and knowledge of the diverse contexts and communities in which ACHL will operate. In addition, you will have demonstrated experience working with and strong networks with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people, agencies and partner organisations in the region. You will also have:
- The ability to communicate, negotiate, and influence with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders that are critical to ensuring ACHL’s objectives
- A positive attitude when working towards achieving deliverables
- Confidence and experience to resolve day-to-day problems and remaining calm if unexpected circumstances arise
- Knowledge of working environment to facilitate various perspectives to develop strategies, plans, and team goals
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
This is an Identified position. ACHL considers that being an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s14 of the Anti Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Applicants for this position must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, identify as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait islander, and be accepted in the community as such.
In return we offer a competitive salary, cultural and ceremonial leave, access to ongoing opportunities for professional development, and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Wednesday 3 February 2021