Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need.
Join our Box Hill housing team with your expert knowledge of Specialist Disability Accommodation where you will support and deliver high quality customer and tenancy management services in the region. This position is permanent part time (working 22.5 hours per week) with days and times to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Support staff with knowledge of SDA Program management, including providing training and shared learning experiences
- Act as act as a point of reference or escalation for team members
- Develop and maintain partnerships with relevant Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers
- Ensure timely, accurate, and efficient operation of rental collection and arrears recovery systems
- Conduct condition reports, tenancy sign up, entry procedures, lease and rent reviews, and exit procedures
- Coordinate associated financial and administrative tasks
- Work closely with government departments, clients, support agencies, and relevant CHL departments
You will demonstrate relevant experience providing client focused tenancy management services, including the ability to work with a diverse range of clients. In addition, you will have excellent working knowledge and understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act and specific SDA requirements. You will also have:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the people who are in housing crisis and thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to guide and mentor colleagues to ensure high level service delivery is provided
- High level time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients and stakeholders
- A current drivers licence
- A commitment to the rights of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Sunday 9 August 2020