Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. The Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for the management of risk and compliance obligations within the CHL Group of Companies. You will identify, assess, and manage risk and compliance in line with the companies’ objectives, while ensuring legal, regulatory, contractual, and policy requirements are being met. You will be enthusiastic to drive a positive compliance and risk culture throughout our companies.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop, maintain, and implement strategies and annual plans for risk and compliance management
- Maintain and review policies, procedures, and annual plans for risk and compliance for each company
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of risk and compliance frameworks throughout companies, including assessments, control environment evaluations, and action plans
- Report on risk and compliance as required and liaise with stakeholders to ensure they understand their roles and obligations within their jurisdictions
- Ensure risk and compliance assessments are undertaken, including analysis and reports on developments, exposures, control breaches, and related action plans across all CHL programs and activities (national and international)
- Promote compliance and risk throughout companies and provide advice and guidance, and/or training to embed business understanding or risk management and compliance obligations
You will demonstrate passion and experience in leading compliance and risk management at a senior management level in a complex organisation. You will have an extensive knowledge in compliance and risk, including the Australian Standards, and the ability to identify, interpret compliance requirements related to legal, contractual, regulator and financial matters. You will also have:
- Relevant professional qualification/s
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build long term relationships
- Strong problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with relevant software, including GRC Manager and/or Protecht
- Experience developing and delivering training in these areas would be advantageous.
- Commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
In return we offer a competitive salary, performance incentives, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: 5pm Sunday 6 October 2019