Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our Internal Maintenance Services team as our inhouse expert painter, working within our team providing grounds and property maintenance support to CHL properties in the region.
- Undertake hands-on painting, maintenance and cleaning tasks
- Coordinate works to ensure jobs are completed on time and to required standards
- Order materials and products to ensure sufficient and timely supply to complete activities
- Manage, mentor and supervise IMS apprentice painter
- Prepare quotes
- Ensure administrative tasks associated with contracts, jobs and staff are undertaken accurately and on time
- Actively seek new project development and implementation opportunities
What will success look like?
You will have demonstrated experience and knowledge in the painting trade industry, including a relevant qualification. In addition, you will have a passion for delivering high quality services, enjoy working as part of wider team, and have a commitment to the right of every person to good quality housing. You will also have:
- White Card & First Aid Ticket
- Sound knowledge and application of WHS practices
- Excellent communication
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with others
- Strong organisation, problem solving and time management skills
- A current drivers licence
In reward for your hard work you will be offered: salary packaging; a structured induction process and an opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team environment; training and development, both professional and cultural; performance and development reviews; access to an employee assistance program; time in lieu; and, participation in a corporate health and wellbeing program.
For more information about working with CHL please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/join-the-team/positions-vacant/
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
CHL is an equal opportunity employer working closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Sunday 15 March 2020
Please note, previous applicants need not apply