Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. The exciting expansion of our presence in Australia through the growth of our housing portfolio has identified the need for a project manager to oversee our new capital development projects in Queensland. The search to find you; an individual passionate for pursuing projects to their completion has now commenced. We are looking to fill a fixed term contract for an initial period of 12 months in our project services.
As a valued member of our project services team, responsible for managing and coordinating capital projects and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget to deliver outputs and outcomes that meet the organisation’s business needs. Reporting to the Development Manager, you will be given the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of the housing sector to contribute to the development and delivery of capital projects and opportunities and make a real difference.
Main responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and coordinate capital projects, including the development of project scope and achievement of deliverables
- Control project activities, manage processes and associated reports including costs, budgets, time lines, variations and risk
- Consultation with various stakeholders involved in project development
- Maintain project probity and governance, including the maintenance of the project register log and preparation of monthly and project relevant reporting
- Support the Development manager with the achievement of project schedules, including the recommendation of continuous improvements to support agile project delivery
- Prepare project mandate and business case in line with approved project brief
- Monitor and oversee design and construction works, ensuring works progress according to program
- Preparation and execution of tender documentation
- Assist in the ongoing development and refinement of project & development systems and procedures
What will success look like?
- Degree or Post Graduate Qualification in Business, Project Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in construction management project with exposure to all stages of project management
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment
- Proficiency in prioritising and managing tasks
- Exceptional negotiation and decision making skills, including business acumen
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
- The role will also require a current driver’s licence and a Police Check.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: 5pm Friday 7 August 2020