Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. An exciting opportunity has become available for a customer-focused payroll officer to join our HR team in this full time permanent position based in Box Hill. You will be responsible for an essential role in our organisation - paying us! In doing so, you will work closely with our Senior Payroll Officer, performing end to end payroll processing and reporting.
You will ensure accurate and timely end-to-end payroll processing by:
- Process all payroll components including setting up new employees and paying leave, terminations, superannuation, workers compensation, kilometre reimbursements, Directors fees, salary packaging and salary continuance
- Correctly interpreting and applying Award and company policy requirements to employee payments
- Liaise with external salary packing provider to remain up to date with salary packaging arrangements
- Undertake superannuation reporting
- Prepare and assist in the reconciliation of payroll, superannuation and leave journals
- Complete quarterly and annual processes, including performance payments, LSL reporting, and workcover remuneration
- Complete system and organisational year end processes
- Provide timely and accurate information to Finance team and Auditors
What will success look like?
You will have demonstrated experience in a full function end to end payroll environment, advanced MS skills and great attention to detail. In addition, you will have exceptional communication skills, including the ability to explain complex financial concepts and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. You will also have:
- A positive attitude when working towards achieving deliverables
- Experience with MicOpay Meridan and ConnX would be an advantage
- The ability to use your experience to resolve day-to-day problems, including remaining calm when unexpected circumstances arise
- A keen eye for process and system improvement
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Sunday 23 February 2020