Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our Coffs Harbour housing team in delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. This is a part time (22.5 hours per week) permanent position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Tenancy & property management of accommodation & housing for people in social housing. Includes working with people with disabilities and mental health, working alongside client’s support providers.
- Portfolio located in the area.
- Managing arrears, rent reviews and day to day issues.
- Routine Inspections, PCRs and Bonds.
- Work closely with government departments, clients, support agencies, and relevant CHL departments.
You will demonstrate relevant experience providing client focused tenancy management services, including the ability to work with a diverse range of clients to sustain their tenancy. In addition, you will have a good working knowledge and understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act. You will also have:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the people who are in housing crisis and thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients
- The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A current drivers licence
- A commitment to the rights of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
In return we offer a competitive salary, performance incentives, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Sunday 19 July 2020
To be considered applicants must respond to the application questions and submit a cover letter and resume. For a confidential conversation about the position please call Nikki Mercer, Housing Services Coordinator, on 0497 756 181.
We look forward to hearing from you.