Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our Kempsey team in delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. You will be responsible for assisting our customers to secure appropriate housing, make choices about their housing, and develop goals for their future.
To identify and achieve appropriate housing pathways for customers you will:
- Create Customer Individual Support Plans
- Assist those at immediate risk of homelessness, including making successful referrals to temporary or transitional accommodation
- Assess applications for priority social housing
- Link customers to affordable housing options in the private rental market, including determining eligibility and access to private rental products
- Liaise with CHL’s tenancy services and support coordination teams to ensure customers can access all available services and supports
You will demonstrate relevant experience in a similar client focused role, for example, social services or homelessness services. In addition, you will have excellent knowledge and understanding of issues customers face and services available to them. You will also have:
- The ability to work with a diverse range of clients
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients
- The ability to contribute and work collaboratively as a team
- Excellent communication skills
- High level time management and organisational skills
- A current drivers licence
- a commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
In return we offer a competitive salary, performance incentives, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: 5pm Sunday 20 October 2019