Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need.
Join our Housing Services team where you will be responsible for leading our Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) program, delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. This a unique role where you will balance managing our SDA program across Victoria and the facilities services for our long term supported accommodation Rooming House in Queens Road (not part of SDA).
- Ensure contract, RTA and other SDA legislative requirements are met
- Manage and maintain SDA property portfolio including representing CHL at VCAT
- Promote SDA Program and develop partnerships with relevant Supported Independent Living (SIL) Providers
- Support knowledge development of SDA program amongst staff and act as a central point of contact for all enquiries
- Collaborate with Sacred Heart Mission and CHL tenancy management onsite at Queens Road to ensure positive client outcomes
- Effectively manage and support kitchen and concierge staff and ensure regulatory compliance and safety of facility services at Queens Road
What will success look like?
You will demonstrate relevant experience in a similar specialised role, including comprehensive knowledge of Specialist Disability Accommodation and the Residential Tenancies Act, and experience managing staff. In addition, you will have a talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients. You will also have:
- Existing community networks and the ability to foster relationships with potential partner organisations
- The ability to lead and manage staff to ensure high level service delivery while promoting a positive work culture
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to solve problems effectively as they arise
- High level time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team
- A current drivers licence
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: 5pm Tuesday 7 July 2020