Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our Community Development team where you will work collaboratively with various stakeholders to support the implementation of our Community Development Framework in the Mid North Coast region. You will be responsible for assisting the development and sustainability of strong communities with social diversity by fostering community-building initiatives.
Foster community development activities in accordance with CHL’s Community Development Framework (CDF) and role model commitment to the community development and action principles. To view our Community Development Framework please visit our Community Development page on our website https://chl.org.au/about/what-we-do/community-development/. This will include:
- Engaging closely with diverse communities and create projects from their own ideas, while ensuring community ownership
- Writing proposals, project briefs, business plans, grant applications, and reports in collaboration with community
- Managing community development projects
- Establishing and maintaining successful partnerships with external stakeholders
- Supporting the promotion and effective communication of CHL’s CDF to stakeholders, both internal and external
- Participating collaboratively in CHL’s community development peer support network
What will success look like?
You will demonstrate experience in a similar role, including working in partnership and building relationships with community networks. You will also apply project management methodology to achieve community development outcomes and use your knowledge and experience of the work area to develop solutions for day-to-day problems. In addition, you will have:
- Exceptional communication skills, including include the ability to communicate clearly within complex and diverse conversational contexts
- Excellent time management including high level administration and coordination skills
- A positive attitude when working towards achieving deliverables, including a passion for using your initiative, innovation and creativity
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- A current drivers licence
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Monday 2 March 2020