Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. To ensure we deliver meaningful engagement with tenants, CHL has a Community Development Framework (CDF) that models our commitment to developing and fostering sustainable community development.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about community development, brings skills to achieve our objectives, and is outcomes-focused to join our South Australian team. You will drive delivery on our key objectives as outlined in the attached document. Experience in one or more of these key areas will be highly regarded.
Reporting to the State Manager, you will deliver high quality services to our community by:
- Managing community development projects and ensuring the delivery of the community development strategy across the state
- Supporting staff to ensure community engagement and community development is a core part of our service delivery
- Engaging closely with diverse communities and creating projects from community ideas, ensuring community ownership of projects
- Writing proposals, project briefs, business plans, grant applications and reports in collaboration with community
- Managing the community development budget, source partnerships to deliver financial contributions
- providing advice regarding community development, particularly writing tender documents and implementing new projects
What will success look like?
You will have demonstrated experience in a similar role in the strategic development and implementation of community development programs, including program design, development, and coordination. In addition, you will have knowledge of the social enterprise sector and a talent for building and developing strategic partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in the industry. You will also have:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the people who are in housing crisis and thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties
- Meticulous attention to detail and a thorough methodical approach to delivering outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to confidently communicate with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management including high level administration and coordination skills
- A positive attitude when working towards achieving deliverables, including a passion for using your initiative, innovation and creativity
- High level financial and business acumen
- The ability to work independently as part of a wider team and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing.
In return we offer a competitive salary, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging
Applications close: Thursday 13 August 2020